The leasing market it hot in Austin! And we can help you lease the perfect home for you. We have the ability to show you any home available!
To have the best chance at obtaining the rental home of your choice, please review these guidelines:
- Property management companies are looking for 3 times the rent in income (example: if the rent is $1500 a month, they would like the combined income of all adults to be $4500 or more, usually after taxes).
- They are also looking for a credit score of 600 or more, but sometimes a credit score of 500-550 can be qualified with an additional deposit or multiple months of rent paid ahead of time.
- A clean rental history (no evictions, broken leases, or foreclosures) are usually necessary to qualify.
- Many lease homes allow furry friends, but will also require an extra pet deposit. Most are $300-$500 per pet.
- Please have 2 months of paystubs, 2 years of tax returns if you are self employed, or a job offer letter stating your income if you are moving from out of the area. Also a copy of your drivers license or state ID.
- Some property management companies require the deposit at the time the application is submitted, so please be prepared if the home you choose has that stipulation.
- Application fees are anywhere between $40-$70 typically, and are required for every resident over 18 years old. These fees are non-refundable, so please be sure that you are applying for a home you really like!
- It is difficult, but not impossible, to find a short term lease. Most leases are a minimum of 12 months. Some can be longer if that is desired.
If you are leasing a home due to low credit, our prefered lenders can work with you during your lease to repair your credit and get you on the road to home ownership, if that is something you are striving for. Please let us know if you would like to start on that plan!
Let us know if you are ready to look for your next lease home!